A wide range of prestigious clients calls for a team with a wide range of skills. Our varied and flexible roles include design and illustration work for both traditional printed materials and newer digital formats. We actively encourage our team to expand their skill base by learning from one another's wealth of experience, and we offer support for any specialist training courses.
We have recently transitioned to being an employee-owned company, which means that employees have greater involvement in management decisions and more influence on the direction of the company.
For more information or to apply to work with us, please send a covering email stating which position you are interested in, your CV and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Middleweight / Senior Designer
Oxford Designers & Illustrators are seeking an experienced Middleweight / Senior Designer to join our team, based in Kidlington. This is a permanent position and will be subject to an initial three-month probation period. Salary will be dependent upon skills and experience.
The company specialises in working with educational publishers, and we have over forty years’ experience in this sector – though we do also work across other areas of design and illustration. We have an impressive range of clients, including Oxford University Press, Pearson, Scholastic and Schofield & Sims. Our designers have been responsible for creating some of the major UK schools’ and English Language Teaching schemes of recent years.
In this role you would have responsibility for the following:
- Coordination of projects from manuscript to printed product.
- Managing multiple projects and tasks for publishers and commercial customers.
- Development of ideas with both colleagues and customers.
- Project management, keeping track of budgets and deadlines.
- Attending client meetings for projects as required.
- Developing the commercial area of the business.
- Overseeing the development of new recruits.
- Keeping accurate records of time spent and work completed across various projects, communicating with colleagues and updating company systems accordingly.
To be considered for this position you must possess the following key skills and experience:
- A high level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator on the Mac platform.
- Ideally some design experience in the educational book publishing sector.
- A professional approach to time, managing project budgets and deadlines.
- Creativity and artistic flair.
- Enthusiasm, ambition and a positive approach.
- Client liaison skills and motivation to reach out to new clients.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
NB: there is no specific closing date for applications – we will keep it open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Freelance Copy Editors
We and are always looking for freelance Copy Editors who have experience in English Language Teaching publications to help.
We require people who:
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Can reliably work to deadlines
- Be effective communicators to liaise with is and our clients to ensure their requirements are met
- Are excellently organised
If this is you please send your CV to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
We always welcome applications from freelance illustrators to join our network. With our established reputation, we are often requested to deliver quality artwork for our prestigious clients. To meet their briefs, we search our books to find the perfect artist for their requirements.
To be called upon to meet the briefs sent to us, illustrators are expected to:
- Have a portfolio of high quality and imaginative artwork
- Show superb attention to detail
- Reliably work to deadlines and within set budgets
- Be effective communicators to liaise with us and our clients to ensure their requirements are met
- Supply artwork in digital formats, and ideally be competent in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
We may ask permission to feature your work on our website as reference for clients, and to showcase the talent and diversity in our network.
Here at ODI we are always on the lookout for talented creative freelancers for when we need extra hands on a project. If you are a designer or typesetter with experience in Adobe Creative Suite / Creative Cloud, please feel free to get in touch with any examples of your work at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suite M, Kidlington Centre
High St, Kidlington